Handstand Form Check

Started by CTI, September 29, 2014 · 5 Replies · 951 Views

CTI

Hi guys i've been focusing lately alot on handstand work since it's an area that i feel very underdeveloped in.

 

So i have two photos one of a stomach to wall handstand with my wrists nearly touching the wall and the other one is a liitle bit far away from the wall.

 

post-10103-0-95622000-1411987757_thumb.j

 

post-10103-0-63174500-1411987828_thumb.j

chuchodani

Hi CTI ! To me there is a slightly arch in your back here at this point.

 

Hs2_zpse901e2d9.jpg

CTI

Thanks I figured it would be the arch

Do you think my shoulders are completely open or are they closed ?

What about the other picture ? Am I arching much ?

chuchodani
CTI said:

Thanks I figured it would be the arch

Do you think my shoulders are completely open or are they closed ?

What about the other picture ? Am I arching much ?

I think your shoulders are open but try to protract more and focus on getting PPT and also scap elevation is very important , in both pictures you have the arch is not too much but it's there, just elevate the scap and squezze the glutes and look at your line again.
CTI

Will do thanks for the observation.

Alessandro Mainente

Opening and compensating with arched back means that you do not have the necessary flexibility. demonstrate the full flexion with no arch is the key to have functional flexibility.