This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE1 - substitute with floor push ups

Started by Alex Tansel, September 29, 2014 · 6 Replies · 286 Views

Alex Tansel

Hi, I have nothing in my house that works very well for the incline push ups. 

Would it be okay to instead do 5 sets of maybe 12 reps of normal push ups for mastery.

I know you shouldn't substitute exercises but I assume the incline is only used as it is easier than on a flat surface, so it wouldn't do any harm to switch for the harder alternative with the same activation?

-

 

I'm not trying to cheat my way to mastery but I genuinely just don't have anything practical to use for them, is there any actual reason as not to use normal push ups instead?

-

 

The only thing I could use is rings but I imagine they would add in instability and make it a much harder exercise.

manze

Normal push-ups is the next progression towards HBP. But I can't imagine you have a house without any surface at approximately hip height :) Any counter, table or the like will do.

SoyeBoy

No you shouldn't be moving on to the next element until the previous one is mastered. When I look around any area that I am in I can normally see maybe 2 or 3 objects that I can do incline push ups on, so lack of equipment is not an acceptable excuse for this in my opinion.

If you don't have something at hip height, something slightly taller or shorter will do.

Adriano Augusto

343gok8.jpg

 

2m2f52a.jpg

 

2w7iiac.jpg

 

2e1yu86.jpg

 

2chovaa.jpg

 

2j3ln9y.jpg

 

e7h2z8.jpg

 

2ptnyti.jpg

 

:D

Jeremy Huston

And if all else fails, use a wall.

Alex Tansel

Haha point taken. I thought it was specific about it being a bar - in retrospect I don't know why.

 

-

I did it on the radiator in my bathroom today which worked pretty well. Turned out to be the first of the PE1's I have achieved mastery on.

I am actually shockingly proud of this. If I'm honest when I first looked at the course I thought I'd breeze through the opening few elements.

 

-

This is the only one I have done and other than MN and FL I'm nowhere near on the others. I love how crazily difficult such seemingly simple movements are made by the lack of rest and high volume.

Also PE2 of this looks horrific

Rayne-William

With PE2 and PE3 keep your elbow close to your sides.