This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Any way to speed up mobility

Started by hannibal2469, September 29, 2014 · 1 Replies · 221 Views

hannibal2469

Hi guys,

 

So I am finished with Manna PE1 and about to start PE2 but I cant because I dont have the pancake yet and this has really slowed down my progress, now we are already facing slow progress in so many strength exercises I was wondering whether we could anticipate the mobility problems beforehand and deal with them before we begin the exercise requiring the mobility.

 

So I suggest that we make a list of the mobility problems that foundation one trainees have been facing (especially the ones who have completed the course or are further along the course). 

 

Currently I am doing some shoulder mobility in addition to the ones that I do on HS days to speed up progress on that front and I was wondering if we could do the same with other exercises.

 

Thanks

Jeremy Huston

Yes, additional stretching is encouraged.  Not to poo-poo ideas....but since everybody has their unique strengths and weaknesses, I think the list of mobility problems would contain pretty much all the iMs.  I have just been testing out the next couple PEs and iMs for each exercise and seeing which I need to work on most and preparing my body for it.  There's no need to look too far in the future since each element takes a couple months.  Plus, the iMs exist to develop the flexibility in a progressive manner.  So once you can get through your initial zombie-ness on the first few elements, the program will track pretty well to help develop the flexibility you need later on.