Headstand Push Up negatives.

Started by Jurre, September 28, 2014 · 6 Replies · 2,358 Views

Jurre

Hello all,

 

I've got a question. I want to start working headstand negatives. As I got headstand push ups with me feet on a block down (Done 6 sets of 5 reps with relative ease). 

But i've got no idea how to get up without wasting a lot of energy (walking back up to a handstand agains the wall).

Is there an easy solution to this? Or isn't a negative that good of a progression at all?

 

Cheers,

 

Jurre

chuchodani

You can do a cartwheel and save energy

 

Jurre

Was indeed thinking about doing that. 

Side note: jesus that light on Steve Atlas makes him look even more surreal.

chuchodani
Jurre said:

Was indeed thinking about doing that. 

Side note: jesus that light on Steve Atlas makes him look even more surreal.

I was just thinking the same, light plays a important role on how muscular you look due to the shadow, and if you're incredible muscular with a good light you will look surreal lol.

Guest

When I did HeSPU negatives, I would do them on carpet then forward roll out of them. I would quickly walk back into handstand against the wall for my next rep.

Bosco

personally i got a lot better at HSPU just by learning a free HS. 

Jurre

Working very hard on getting a free HS! Want to continue pushing strength besides the free HS. But indeed I think i'm progressing pretty fast in headstandpush ups due to training the free HS.

 

Haven't thought about the roll out! That souns good enough. Also have to learn this because I usually crash down instead of rolling out. So that's a win-win!