From doing research and using common sense I learned that the muscle that bears the highest percentage of weight is the anterior deltoids in the planche. But I don't feel a thing in that body part even though I can do the first 8 progressions easily. I can hold the advanced frog stand for over 20 sec proper form but my anterior deltoids never get tired; its always the other muscles around them. When I try to do the next progression, I can't even hold it for a split second. Any advice?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Anterior Deltoids don't feel a thing during sPL/SE2 but can't do sPL/SE3
Started by Jari Tiukuvaara, September 28, 2014 · 2 Replies · 168 Views
You need the strength of your lower trapezius muscles to keep your scapula/shoulder blades protracted. You also need the strength of the rotor cuff muscles to maintain the correct horizontal body position.
In short, go back to earlier progressions and actually test to see if you have the needed strength for mastery. Eat your slice of humble pie where necessary.
Post a video of your planche leans (sPL/PE5).