Coach: WOD's vs Steady State

Started by gymrob, June 25, 2009 · 1 Replies · 2,127 Views

gymrob

Coach and anyone who has had experience with the WOD's and steady state,

I am finding that I am unfortunately having disruptions to my steady state cycle and so am not carrying it out proparly. The WOD's seem very appealing to me but do they bring about different adaptations to the steady state? I.e. would a steady state bring about stronger adaptations and longer lasting than WOD's?

Also, when you have a format such as:

WOD:

Embedded PL (1-2 reps) + MU variation (3-5 reps)

Embedded BL (1-2 reps) + RLL variation (3-5 reps)

Embedded FL (1-2 reps) + L-sit lifts (3-5 reps)

How do you know when to for example progress to a harder muscle up porgression? It doesn't say in the WOD's to move onto a harder progression at this point. Is it just when you want or after for instance 8-12 exposures to this workout?

Thanks! :)

Ortprod

When I went to Coach's seminar he discussed a little bit about the WoDs and their purpose. I believe, if I remember correct, that Coach said the WoDs were intended as a minimal volume routine and that he found some people were, even then, still having trouble. Steady State, from what I have experienced is a great well rounded routine.

You will have to decide, through experimentation, if the WoDs have too much or too little volume and such.