This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weighted mobility and deload

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, September 27, 2014 · 2 Replies · 112 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

Do you usually reduce the weight of weighted mobility elements during the deload week? I usually don't, but I'm not sure if this is the right way to go

Michael Taylor

Keep all aspects of the mobility work constant through the deload week - reps and load.

The only time this may change is when the mobility element has a high strength component that is causing you to struggle to achieve reps and has you working maximally through the three build up weeks.

For example, on sPL/SE2>iM, I dropped to the iM for SE1 during the deload week. This was when I was struggling around 4-6 reps per set.

I mastered SE2 this cycle and by this point I was keeping the full iM during deload

Ravn

Some of the later SLS im's are very hard. I tried to power through them but they gave me some mild tendinitis in one of my hamstring tendons near the right knee. I dropped back a few progressions, and am now building them up again using both the 5x5 progression scheme and deload weeks. So yes, it can absolutely make sense to deload in certain cases. Wish I did it first time around.