This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation one assessment help

Started by William Hibbert, September 27, 2014 · 5 Replies · 166 Views

William Hibbert

Hi,

 

Just bought foundation 1, and i decided to take the assessment.

 

1. Did 5 sets of 60 second holds + mobility

2. Did 5 full sets, form i think is suffering a little. No rests. I'm having issues with clenching my shoulders back and up, and not just retracting. Mobility sets were fine.

3. Pretty tired by this point, I did two 60 second holds and one 45 second hold until failure with the mobility. Took a 30 second break between easch set.

4. Too fatigued to do it without swinging. Form was horrible.

5.n/a

6.n/a

Stopped......and now i'm here.

 

Am I supposed to do all these exercises back to back without breaks, or do I do them each when I am at full strength?

 

Thank you,

 

William.

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

You did it correctly. It's an assessment to assess your present ability, which shows you where to start in the Foundation program. The reason you do it without a break, I'm imagining, is because it's a gymnastic program and gymnasts on rings don't do a maltese, get down, rest, then do a hollow body press on the rings, get down, rest, etc. It's high intensity strength via an endurance component. Slow and steady, with lots of servings of humble pie. That's the name of the game with this routine.

Murray Truelove

Well F1 is normally done as an A, B split. I'd test with that in mind.

A: FL, sPL, HBP and RC.

B: MN, SL and SLS.

What you did is called F1(7), some people are following it but I think the general consensus is that it's too much for most beginners especially for the early PE's where the volume is high.

KibboKift

Also bear in mind that during your workouts it is permissible to take a short break (2-3 mins) between exercises (NOT between sets). I assume the same would apply to initial testing.

William Hibbert

Thanks for the help. I will attempt this assessment again soon.

I thought I could do all 7 since I have been doing planche training for 3 months already with levers.

I am able to do a pretty decent straddle planche for 10 seconds.

William

Alexander Egebak

Humble pie, new word in my GST vocabulary