knee pain from weak posterior chain?

Started by tennissports, September 27, 2014 · 2 Replies · 2,762 Views

tennissports

(This was all be for I discovered this place) on leg days, I would always always do pistol squats, under any circumstances, and a lot of times the entire workout would consist of simply pistol squats, and knee pain started to develop and I figured it was just inadequate warm-up, skip ahead a few months, I finally (think I) realized the problem when it slapped me in the knee. I started having sharp knee pain during pistols to the point that I had to stop doing them, so I think that my consistent lack of training of my posterior chain has caused a muscular imbalance that's causing me knee pain. I literally can't run (at any intensity) or jump without knee pain, idk about pistols because I stopped doing them. 

Alexander Egebak
tennissports said:

(This was all be for I discovered this place) on leg days, I would always always do pistol squats, under any circumstances, and a lot of times the entire workout would consist of simply pistol squats, and knee pain started to develop and I figured it was just inadequate warm-up, skip ahead a few months, I finally (think I) realized the problem when it slapped me in the knee. I started having sharp knee pain during pistols to the point that I had to stop doing them, so I think that my consistent lack of training of my posterior chain has caused a muscular imbalance that's causing me knee pain. I literally can't run (at any intensity) or jump without knee pain, ikr about pistols because I stopped doing them. G

You are probably right. Go see a physiotherapist, wait for the pain to fade a bit and then start F1. My suggestion.

Mats Trane

I used to have knee problems, got an MRI and went to an Orthopidic doctor an he told there is always a risk to operate. He thought I should try 6 months of rehab first and then come back. So I did, 20 minutes of bicyclIng (in the gym) and the mobility exercises in F1 2-3 times a week. That solved it!