This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question on progression from a Rookie.

Started by Micah Millman, September 26, 2014 · 3 Replies · 124 Views

Micah Millman

Hello GB family.  I just finished my first week of workouts and have a question on when to advance to next weeks workout template. I took the assessment and was given a workout template to follow. I am able to complete the workouts with some wobbly form on twisting squats. I'm uncertain as to whether i should complete the workout template for an additional week until all form is proper or to advance to next weeks workout? All suggestion are welcome. Thank You.

Unbending

I just started too so take this with a grain of salt. It doesn't matter if you want to fix the form by repeating the current week or while advancing through the next weeks. What matter is at the end you want to be able to do the mastery requirement with perfect form.

 

IMO, if you have the work capacity to handle the extra reps/ sets for next week progression and at the same time working to better your form, it's better to just do that for time efficiency.

Jeremy Huston

Since twisting squats is the iM, continue on to the next week in the template.  Next week's workout will have the same prescription for twisting squats, but the Cossacks will progress.  

 

If your twisting squats are wobbly, consider reducing your range of motion by starting with your bottom on a bench.  You're not expected to have full strength through full range of motion on week 1 for the iMs.

Micah Millman

Great advice. Thank you Unbending & Tex0413 for the response. Have a great day.