This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Eccentric protocol for biceps/supraspinatus tendon?

Started by Anton Emery, September 25, 2014 · 1 Replies · 115 Views

Anton Emery

Hi Folks,

 

Not sure if this should go in the Foundation forum or the regular one.

 

I have had chronic tenonosis of either my right biceps or supraspinatus tendon for two years now. A bunch of reps of a judo throw caused the pain and it has never totally gone away. Motions like wide grip pass throws, overhead squatting, or even holding the bar for a backsquat cause it to hurt. The Xiaopeng Forward is not possible at this point.  I have seen 3 chiropractor's/PT's about it, which has brought some relief but not total pain free movement.

 

I have heard some folks talk about bent and straight arm eccentric protocols to help heal the tendon and thought people here might have some input. I have experimented with the eccentric portion of a turkish getup, with the bad arm planting on the ground. I am not supporting any weight overhead and go to the top of the hip heist, then lower back down. I have also tried eccentric overhead presses with a dumbell.

 

thanks

 

Anton Emery

Daniel Burnham

You need added inflammation to heal the injury. This is what eccentric work can do for you. However too much weight or work will just add to the injury. A good pt ahold be able to monitor this and give you advice. Most chiropractor will not. Also medical massage works wonders and has been very helpful in treating forearm splints and achilles tendinitis for me. Both work on similar principles of promoting healing by causing the inflammatory response.