This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vertical Pike Walks

Started by pcain420, September 24, 2014 · 12 Replies · 418 Views

pcain420

Hey guys how can I do these without stall Barz

Rayne-William

I used a fairly tall playground ladder.

Murray Truelove

I've been thinking about these. I was wondering if instead of walking the feet up you could bring the hands down?

A possible solution might be to use a door frame with a dowel across it.

Coach Sommer
Murray Truelove said:

I've been thinking about these. I was wondering if instead of walking the feet up you could bring the hands down?

A possible solution might be to use a door frame with a dowel across it.

An interesting idea, Murray. I am not sure, however there is only one way to find out. :)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alan Tseng

I've had the same idea for the past few months, but rather than a ladder, a smith machine

SoyeBoy

If you are in a gym with multiple squat racks it might be possible. The squat racks must have removable pins. You could then highjack all of the pins and place them into one side of a squat rack at varying heights.

 

A con of this is that you are essentially using multiple squat racks for stretching which is likely to annoy other gym users. Also you will need a good number of pins for it to work. My gym has only 2 squat racks and therefore only 4 pins.

Alan Tseng
SoyeBoy said:

If you are in a gym with multiple squat racks it might be possible. The squat racks must have removable pins. You could then highjack all of the pins and place them into one side of a squat rack at varying heights.

A con of this is that you are essentially using multiple squat racks for stretching which is likely to annoy other gym users. Also you will need a good number of pins for it to work. My gym has only 2 squat racks and therefore only 4 pins.

I'm not talking about squat rack, I'm talking about a smith machine. The bar is fixed onto the machine so every rep you lower bar down

Rayne-William

Speaking of Vertical Pike walks,  Is the entire "One rep" what is shown in the video or is the "One rep" just a simple step up onto a stall bar rung lean back and then get off the stall bars?

Niklas03
Rayne-William said:

Speaking of Vertical Pike walks,  Is the entire "One rep" what is shown in the video or is the "One rep" just a simple step up onto a stall bar rung lean back and then get off the stall bars?

Even though there are really short IMs in the course, I'm positive you're meant to take a short walk on the stall bars just like in the video.

 

I did this pair earlier this week for the first and it hit my forearm flexors like a ton of bricks! It was surprising because I didn't feel it in the entire forearm like when you hang for a long time or do loaded carries, but in very specific muscles. It may have been due to me gripping the bars more than necessary and/or using a funky grip (no chalk). As the mastery sets went by I started to plant my heels which made it easier on the grip and increased the overall stretch. I don't why I didn't do it from the get go. It wasn't because of the stretch; maybe I had trouble coordinating myself. Anyway, the PE wasn't a problem and after some refinement I'll tackle the next beast.

Christian

The one rep is what he does in the video.

Rayne-William
Niklas03 said:

Even though there are really short IMs in the course, I'm positive you're meant to take a short walk on the stall bars just like in the video.

 

I did this pair earlier this week for the first and it hit my forearm flexors like a ton of bricks! It was surprising because I didn't feel it in the entire forearm like when you hang for a long time or do loaded carries, but in very specific muscles. It may have been due to me gripping the bars more than necessary and/or using a funky grip (no chalk). As the mastery sets went by I started to plant my heels which made it easier on the grip and increased the overall stretch. I don't why I didn't do it from the get go. It wasn't because of the stretch; maybe I had trouble coordinating myself. Anyway, the PE wasn't a problem and after some refinement I'll tackle the next beast.

 

 

Christian said:

The one rep is what he does in the video.

I personally think the "One rep" is what the athlete does in the video. I am just seeking clarification because some people won't necessarily think the video is a demonstration of "One rep" but rather a demonstration of several individual reps.

 

Niklas, I can relate to what you are saying about wearing out your forearms with the integrated mobility element. However I kept using my toes and didn't think to use my heels.

Christian

I can verify without a doubt that 1 rep is going from bottom to top and back again like in the video. I have talked to Coach about this at a seminar.

Mats Trane

Up and down is one rep. When foundation was released it said mastery was 5 reps (up and down still counting as one rep!) mastery was later changed to one rep (x5 sets) . I tell you, I was walking up and down the stallbars ALOtT of times :)