This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP & sPL feet position

Started by BeanLion, September 24, 2014 · 4 Replies · 280 Views

BeanLion

Something I've just noticed is the changing of feet position of HBP PE2 -> PE3 & sPL PE3/4 -> PE5.

 

On the further progressions the toes are pointed and you're resting on the tops. Is there a reason why the earlier progressions do not adopt this position? Does it matter?

 

I'm currently working HBP PE2 & sPL PE3 and find if I'm on pointed toes it's easier to keep my body in a straight line.

Rayne-William

Move to the tops of your feet so that you develop your core strength further. You will need the core strength for more difficult preparatory or specific elements.

BeanLion

Thanks. How does this position work the core more? Do you know why it's then changed in the later progressions?

Rayne-William

It works the core more because you work your core more because you no longer have your toes to help stabilize your pelvis.

 

I am guessing the change was made so that we are also forced to form a habit of pointing our feet.

tom040287

I agree i find it easier too. Maybe because you can push through the top of your feet, making it easier to create tension to get into a hollow body, while feet are pointed as per HBP3 and SPL5.