This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1-iM Question

Started by Hanlim Lee, September 24, 2014 · 1 Replies · 132 Views

Hanlim Lee

#1

 

I feel slight numbness on my hand when I pull my traps and flex my shoulders as hard as I can

 

I think I performed it too hard so pinched traps and shoulders might have hampered blood flow to my hand.

 

Is it natural to feel it?  Should I bear it out until it fade away?

 

 

 

#2

 

As I repeatedly watch demo video, I found out that the athlete in the video rotate his scapulars a little bit.

 

But many topics said it is mobility exercise for shoulder flexion, not rotation.

 

Which is right?

TANSTAAFL

You're scaps can rotate a little. Just focus on limiting it. Coach has said that once you're at around shoulder width you will physically not be able to rotate very much so it isn't much of an issue at that point.

 

The other thing does sound like a pinched nerve. As long as it fades quick I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just try and find a position that doesn't hit that spot. Nerve glides can help as well, google it up. The ones for neck/arm might help ya.