This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE2im

Started by martialblack, September 23, 2014 · 2 Replies · 154 Views

martialblack

Does anyone have any tips to avoid sharp pain in there knees while doing this? I don't think my knees are used to the lateral movement and putting weight on top of it is painful. I take it I will get used to it, but atm I have to stop due to sharp knee pain, not really the flexibility aspect of it.

KibboKift

If you keep doing this you won't get used to it, you'll just get injured. The general advice for situations like these is to reduce the range of motion to a point where there is no pain and progress slowly from there. So for twisting squats you would start off sitting on some sort of block (maybe as high as a chair to begin with). Over time you reduce the height gradually as your knees adapt. Make sure you are not feeling the pain you are describing during any of the reps.

 

There is no way of telling exactly how long this will take, but it doesn't really matter. For me it was about 12 months, although I did have a lot of flexibility issues to work through.

Jeremy Huston

I had good success using an adjustable step like this:

 

The_step.jpg