I've been working on wall headstands for about 3 months now and I can hold it for about 30 seconds without leaning too much into the wall, but as soon as I try to take my feet away from the wall I can't keep my balance at all :oops: and start leaning forward too much or back against the wall. Should I turn my hands so that the fingers are pointing away and to the sides, or keep them facing forward like I currently do? I don't think is a matter of strength because I do 30 seconds sets and I'm working on getting 5 minutes total 2 times a week.
Handstand Balance
Started by Xavier, June 24, 2009 · 1 Replies · 3,045 Views
I teach handstand hand placement as the crook and web of the thumb and index finger points forward like a V. Fingers are out maybe 45 degrees and they are spread out to maximize surface contact besides grabbing the ground with the fingertips.