Old school rings routine

Started by Ido Portal, June 24, 2009 · 7 Replies · 5,308 Views

Ido Portal

Muscle beach is my favorite place in the world to train at.

Take a look at the clip below, it includes a normal rings routine from the 1970's with a lot

of old school movements and transitions, as well as some amazing flying rings stunts including

a quadriple flip into sand. (!!!!)

Enjoy, Ido.

e5mgUoIcvr4

Ricky Dawson

Wow... thanks for sharing!!

is that a 'reverse muscle up' when he goes from inverted hang to handstand?

If so this is the first time i'e seen it on vid.

Someone on this forum was asking for a clip of this!

thanks, Ricky

Ido Portal

Yes, this is the famous 'elevator'- reverse muscle up with no momentum.

Ivan

reverse elevator haha :) that guy was strong!

Blairbob

Thanks, I've never actually seen a video of the "elevator" I think.

Interesting is the double transition in the tap for swinging rings. I played with swinging rings over a pit but my shoulders were not up to it at the time so I never got to swinging them big.

David Picó García

What i like the most is the transition from L cross to front lever and how the legs mantain the horizontal. Cool and smooth movement.

Richard Duelley

I love watching videos like this. Great post Ido, its always great to have another inspirational video to watch every so often

braindx

Finally!

That's sooooo beastly.

And I thought it was weird that my arms were going out wide like that in the negative. I guess it's normal.