This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standing weighted pike hang

Started by Michael Taylor, September 22, 2014 · 1 Replies · 133 Views

Michael Taylor

I will be starting on MN/PE4 after my deload week, having just mastered the V-up.

 

In relation to the mobility element - standing weighted pike hang - what starting weight have people used with this?

 

Specifically, should I start with the weight I currently use for Jefferson curls (a staple of my warm up), or is it recommended to go lighter for the held element?

 

 

Rayne-William

Start with the Jefferson curl weight and as you learn to relax more the weight of your torso will be the additional weight. You have to realize the average human head weighs eight pounds (3.6kg) and most of your body weight is in your torso.

 

Gradually becoming more flexible, over time, is better for your tendons and muscles.