equipment question

Started by MrAl, September 21, 2014 · 3 Replies · 2,012 Views

MrAl

Hey guys,

I am moving once again and I will not have the possibilty to train at a park or gym, because I will live pretty much in the middle of nowhere for the next 6 months. Of course, I want to keep all my strength and improve.

At the moment, I am working out every second day. 

Besides planches, L-Sits, Handstand Push-Ups and ab work which doesn't require any equipment, I also do Pull-Ups and Chin-Ups on a pull-up bar, Some V-hangs and Inverted hangs and lever training on the pull-up bar as well as Leg Lifts on stall bars.

So when I move to my new apartement, I will get a good pull-up bar which I could put in the door frame. 

Now my question is: how can I do the leg lifts? I don't want to do it on the free bar, this is not the same as with something behind your back which prevents going back with the shoulders. Would it be possible to simply close the door and then lean against it? 

Any other ideas?

Rayne-William

You might be able to simply close your door and rest your back against the door. However your pull up bar may not allow you to shut your door.

 

Previous thread: Best Alternative to Stall Bars Yet!

 

Have a chat with the maintenance crew of the apartment complex about doing something similar to what was done in the above linked thread. 

Blairbob

Not the end of the world, man.

Just do not allow yourself to swing or stick your head out.

chuchodani
MrAl said:

Hey guys,

I am moving once again and I will not have the possibilty to train at a park or gym, because I will live pretty much in the middle of nowhere for the next 6 months. Of course, I want to keep all my strength and improve.

At the moment, I am working out every second day. 

Besides planches, L-Sits, Handstand Push-Ups and ab work which doesn't require any equipment, I also do Pull-Ups and Chin-Ups on a pull-up bar, Some V-hangs and Inverted hangs and lever training on the pull-up bar as well as Leg Lifts on stall bars.

So when I move to my new apartement, I will get a good pull-up bar which I could put in the door frame. 

Now my question is: how can I do the leg lifts? I don't want to do it on the free bar, this is not the same as with something behind your back which prevents going back with the shoulders. Would it be possible to simply close the door and then lean against it? 

Any other ideas?

I use an adjustable bar by pressure, it's not attached to the door frame, I just put it at the right height and start screw it with my hands until it has enough pressure to support my weight, close the door and then I can do my leg raises without lean.

 

Bar_zps3a871434.png