This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS / SE 8 question. Shrugs

Started by Gerlari, September 21, 2014 · 3 Replies · 175 Views

Gerlari

First I would like to say that I'm very happy with the course, and how progressions work. My progress has been awesome lately. Now i am with handstand shrugs and i have a question. I dont know what is the ROM and tempo of this exercise. If i do full ROM I find harder to balance, and if i do fast i can do more reps but with less control.

I want master this progression with excellent form so i need know this. Thanks in advance.

Gerlari

Does anybody know the answer ...??

Krel

I think you should depress then elevate your scapula with full ROM :)

Micawberian

Hey, sorry such a late reply. I agree, it's hard with the full ROM. The shrug/elevation of the scapula should be the easy part for you, if you did the previous SE's & PE's correctly. The depression is hard, I agree. As the scapula depress, it's like the shoulders want to close with it and it makes it pretty hard to keep that alignment and the balance. Especially the balance.

My tip for you is as the shoulder depresses to lean a tiny ways forward, like you're dropping into a planche. Really, not too much lean and it should look almost unnoticeable. You'll feel the shoulders close ever so slightly but it helps with the balance.

 

Or you could just do it at a really fast tempo, like in the video. I think you get more out of the exercise slowing it down though

 

Something else to help is to do it in straddle position, makes the balance easier, as I'm sure you know. Then just over time bring the legs back to full lay