This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE16 - Overcoming Roof Height Limitations

Started by neil gillies, September 20, 2014 · 2 Replies · 251 Views

neil gillies

Hi folks,

I currently undertake my Foundation training in my garage which has limited ceiling height. As such I am unable to perform pullovers (and naners when the time comes) from a dead hang on a straight bar. As such I have been performing them from one of my dip bars using an l-sit pull-up for the pull-up section of the movement so my feet don't hit the ground. Is this and acceptable substitution?

If so I'll continue as-is until I get to TOPs pulls where I'll have to figure something else out.

Cheers,

Neil

Coach Sommer
neil gillies said:

... I have been performing them from one of my dip bars using an l-sit pull-up for the pull-up section of the movement so my feet don't hit the ground. Is this and acceptable substitution? ...

Yes.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

RyanC

When you get to TOP pulls simply perform them the same way. Be careful not to swing and you will be fine. Piking or doing an L makes this movement harder. If you were really concerned about doing it as written then a big enough playground has nearly all the equipment you could ask for.

 

Also Coach Sommer is hilarious!