This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent Arm Strength

Started by Alan Tseng, September 20, 2014 · 2 Replies · 202 Views

Alan Tseng

In bent arm strength (rows, pullups, pushups, dips, HSPU's etc. etc.) does everyone start the push or the pull using the scapula first, then the bigger muscles, then the arm muscles?

Edoardo Cagnola

My answer to this is based on my (little) experience with F1, so I'll make references to the exercises of the program.

When it comes to hinge rows (and the other rows variations) I like to start from a dead hang to get the full ROM and focusing on starting the movement with my scaps before I bent my elbow and start pulling.

When it comes to push ups I think that focusing on your scapulae could potentially distract you from other important aspect of the exercise (like having your elbows by your side, keeping a nice PPT throughout the whole ROM). I think that if you focus on having good form, your scaps will naturally move the way they're meant to move.

I can't talk about dips and HSPU because I honestly don't know, but I would say something similar to push ups (being all pushing movements, just on different planes of motion).

Hope this solve your doubts :)

B1214N

No, I do them all at the same time.