This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder pain in negative phase of Bulgarian L Pull-up on rings

Started by Edward Baring, September 20, 2014 · 2 Replies · 114 Views

Edward Baring

Hi 

I have been working on Foundation 1 and have now progressed onto Foundation 2.  I have had an odd tweak in my shoulders whilst descending from Bulgarian L Pull-ups on the rings.  I can do these pain free on the bar but on rings it feels as though something is clicking in the front of both shoulders as I approach fully extended arms at the bottom.  I had experienced a similar sensation doing L pull ups on the bar, this was remedied by using a slightly narrower grip. 

I would really appreciate any tips or insight from anyone who has experienced this. 

Thanks in advance. 

Rayne-William

Without a video to find out if you are doing anything "Wrong", it will be somewhat difficult to help you make any corrections.

 

Considering the fact that a narrower grip resolved the issue with L-sit pull ups on a single bar. How you keep your upper arm rotated within your shoulder socket may be the issue.

 

A narrower grip force you to rotate your upper arm so that your elbows point backward at the top of a repetition.

Edward Baring

Thanks Rayne-William,  

I will have a try at filming myself doing a couple of reps and post them.  

The feedback is much appreciated. 

Ned