Back Sault

Started by Nic Scheelings, June 23, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,068 Views

Nic Scheelings

Hi all,

I only recently started working back saults, just wanted to get some feedback on my form.

Cheers

Demus

zWLgSq4tnfc

Blairbob

I think you are limiting your hip extension subconsciously and flipping early because you are indoors. It seems you are tucking early vs allowing more jump height from hip extension.

braindx

Yep, you are initiating the flip too early.

Basically what you want to do is a max effort vertical jump... then at the top of the jump you drive the knees to get rotation. It should feel like a 2 step process.

When you try to relearn it like this I would suggest doing it in a gym with a spot. It often freaks people out to do a max effort vertical THEN start rotation at the top. Most people like yourself are generating some rotation by pushing off the ground so getting it all from your knees, and when you're high up in the air is a bit weird at first.

Nic Scheelings

Thanks,

I think you guys are right. I've had some people at the gym help me with it as well. They said when i extend properly i get about an extra foot of height. My awareness when i'm up there is not very good tho and when i get really high i tend to over rotate.

Cheers