This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Some different newb questions

Started by chrisriis, September 19, 2014 · 5 Replies · 202 Views

chrisriis

Hey everyone!

My first question is, how should I train the 3 day foundation + 2HS. Am I supposed to workout e.g. on monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday, then rest the whole weekend?

My second question is, when an iM exercise should be done for 5r, does it mean 5r for e.g. both arms?
Similarly, when an iM should be done for 30s, does it mean 15s on both arms or 30s?

It'd be great if someone could clear my mind on this :)

Jeremy Huston

You can do the 3 day + 2HS however you want.  Typically that's Foundation M, W, F and HS on T/Th, and Rest on S/S.  But there's no reason you couldn't do Foundation M, Th, Sat and HS on T, F, and Rest on W/Sun....or whatever combination works with your schedule.

 

If the IM is truly only on 1 side, then count the full number of reps on 1 side and repeat it on the other side before returning to the PE.  For example, RC/PE1>iM: Do your 15r of PE1.  Then do 30s lean on left arm.  Then do 30s lean on right arm.  This is 1 set.

 

If the IM is using both sides but is asymetrical, then just count the reps as you alternate.  For example SLS/PE1>iM:  Do your 15r of PE1.  Then do 10r total of the iM, alternating left and right.  5r will be toward the left and 5r toward the right.

 

This applies to the PEs and not just the iMs.  For SLS/PE2, you will go up and down 10 times total for the PE (5 toward left and 5 toward right).  And same with the iM (5 twisting left and 5 twisting right).  That's already 100 squats for mastery -- be glad it's not 200 :)

Edoardo Cagnola
tex0413 said:

This applies to the PEs and not just the iMs. For SLS/PE2, you will go up and down 10 times total for the PE (5 toward left and 5 toward right). And same with the iM (5 twisting left and 5 twisting right). That's already 100 squats for mastery -- be glad it's not 200 :)

Are you sure about SLS/PE2 being only 5 per legs? I'm actually almost at mastery with 10 reps per leg on the strenght element and I was pretty sure that this was the right way to count it :o
Jeremy Huston

I am pretty sure since it only says 10r.  PE3 says "10r per side".

Edoardo Cagnola

I screwed up. Well, at least I had some more time to spend on gettin better at my iM's ROM. I'll test the right mastery next week, which will be pretty damn easy at this point..

This is why everyone should check the forum daily, there is always something to learn :)

chrisriis

@text0413
Thanks for answering my questions so fast! Then I've been doing it correctly so far :)

Here's a tip to others who're uncertain as to how a schedule can be setup: When configuring your workout settings and you choose what schedule you want to train, there's a link beneath that takes you to an overview of different schedule examples.