This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Incorporating GB ST to your main (anaerobic) routine

Started by megan_morten, September 18, 2014 · 2 Replies · 177 Views

megan_morten

I have a question regarding integrating strength training to my main (anaerobic) routine.

I'm a dancer and my schedule often changes but suppose I do 3 dance classes (anaerobic endurance) a week, 1,5 hour.

1. How can I incorporate e.g. Handstand progressions to my training?

2. I'm slightly confused about deload weeks - would I have to use less intensity in my dance workouts as well?

3. Is there any benefit in incorporating cardio (running or jump rope), would it help improve my results fitnesswise?

4. Is it worth working on other strength elements considering it's not my main focus at the moment?

If anyone familiar with periodisation and scheduling could comment, I'd be very grateful.

Alexander Egebak

1: I pressume you are not following H1. On this forum we are not allowed to give routine specific advice, see the sticky.

 

2: Deload means that you should do your workout with less intensity. You do not have to cut out your dance lessons out completely, just do not exhaust yourself completely. Deload is mainly a concern in pure strength, so do not worry too much about your dancing sessions.

 

3: Any form of cardio is benefitial. Dance also has a cardio element which variates from the type of dance you do. Generally, you do not want to do too much since that may hinder progress in the other events you are training in. It is a balance.

 

4: You should make clear what you want to progress in. It is a bit unclear.

megan_morten

Thanks for your help. Just to clarify I do have access to H1 and my concern was not recovering prosperly for H1 duże to intense dance training which is my main focus. Your answer did help though!