This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sHBH - back flat on ground when not tensing gluteus

Started by Shaolintobbe, September 18, 2014 · 7 Replies · 171 Views

Shaolintobbe

Hi!

 

Question - I can have my lower back on ground when tensing everything but the gluteus, If I tense

the gluteus the lower back rises from the floor a little bit, due tom my relatively big gluteus. I am not really sure it´s even possible to have lower back on floor if the glutesu is big?

 

 

Should I move on, or is this something I can fix by stretching?

 

 

P5yx

Same for me here. I don't think it's possible. Just don't tense your gluteus and concentrate on pushing your lower back into the ground.

Shaolintobbe

Thank you! You probably saved me some months, now PE3 is mastered:)

Jeremy Huston

I have the same problem but disagree with the solution.  Do you really have big gluteus or just really bad anterior pelvic tilt?  Stretch out the hip flexors and quads and work on the PPT.

Shaolintobbe

Hi, don´t know really, I will post pictures tonight for you to evaluate.

Duff

Why would you need  to squeeze the glutes at all? Seems to me you only need to engage deep abdominal wall, abs, maybe a bit hip flexors and leg abductors.

Shaolintobbe
Duff said:

Why would you need  to squeeze the glutes at all? Seems to me you only need to engage deep abdominal wall, abs, maybe a bit hip flexors and leg abductors.

Hi Duff, I am not really sure we need to do that, I just assumed we should keep whole body tension. But if we don´t it´s just good for me:)

Bro'

Glutes are part of getting a nice PPT, so it would make sense to tense them. But if your form meets the required standards without tensing the glutes, I guess there's no need (but I could be wrong).