You've waited 12 years and 6 lazer collections... for this:
May the debate as to whether it is possible or not, rest in peace.
Started by ForzaCavaliere, September 17, 2014 · 22 Replies · 7,130 Views
You've waited 12 years and 6 lazer collections... for this:
May the debate as to whether it is possible or not, rest in peace.
I haven't been following these discussions all that much but I thought the CTI was supposed to be with locked arms and having them parallell with the ground?
gohei_ said:I haven't been following these discussions all that much but I thought the CTI was supposed to be with locked arms and having them parallell with the ground?
Darn I was getting so hyped up too! Way to deflate the hype, man.
I knew about locked arms but I never thought anyone was thinking about getting parallel to the ground lol. Feel so silly now, gotta delete this thread.
Kinda underwhelming, considering the hype ![]()
Yes I must apologise for all the hype, looks like I was the only one impressed by this!
Close to impossible remains impossible. Join us next time where you'll see another video of someone not doing a CTI with a title that says otherwise!
Although it really is physically impossible, could this stigma of it being possible be due jasper benincasa the legend saying it was possible? For his fans, saying that the cti is impossible is also saying that benincasa was a blatant liar. Could this be perhaps why people cant accept it being impossible?
ForzaCavaliere said:Darn I was getting so hyped up too! Way to deflate the hype, man.
![]()
Still fairly impressive with some work to go.
And figure it would be some russian.
I suspect the reason why people won't accept the hypothesis that it is impossible, is that you can't actually prove that something is impossible. As a matter of fact, history is littered with knowledgeable people making erroneous assumptions about something being impossible, and then looking like fools when posterity proves them wrong.
What if someone comes along who has abnormally short arms, atrophied legs and a grip made of steel? If he can do it, but a person with normal proportions can't is it then impossible? It depends on the definition of "impossible" obviously.
I suspect that people who say is possible have simply very poor knowledge about simple concepts as biomechanic , leverage , torque and force momentum.
well it's interesting that i told about this problem to different graduated physic teachers at university (also my father) and all of them have the same opinion as me, that is not possible, confirming my hypothesis. on the contrary 100 thousands people around the world affirm that is possible, well they are not graduated in physics. interesting.
i´m pretty sure somewhere on this planet there are people who COULD do it, if they really trained for it but it is such an obscure skill that not even 0.05% (wild guess) of the world know about it. there are so many physical freaks on this planet nobody even heard of. there are college football players power cleaning 200kg with ease using atrocious technique...
almost everyone knows what a bench press is, almost everyone knows what a squat is, almost everyone knows what a 100m sprint is and so on. there are so many people trying these discplines, you could think that the records obtained there show the real human limits. but how many people have actually tried a CTI?
DieKatze said:i´m pretty sure somewhere on this planet there are people who COULD do it, if they really trained for it but it is such an obscure skill that not even 0.05% (wild guess) of the world know about it. there are so many physical freaks on this planet nobody even heard of. there are college football players power cleaning 200kg with ease using atrocious technique...
almost everyone knows what a bench press is, almost everyone knows what a squat is, almost everyone knows what a 100m sprint is and so on. there are so many people trying these discplines, you could think that the records obtained there show the real human limits. but how many people have actually tried a CTI?
more then what you think, and all of them failed.
simply because they pass more time dreaming then analyzing the movement from a scientific pov.
I have a degree in Physics. It's impossible.
I have a doctor in physics. It could be possible
. The video guy lowers his horizontal arm lever via cheating by a factor of ~ 2, so his grip must be twice as strong to hold it in good form. From my experience with different grip strengths of my climbing buddies: This could be achievable.
Stefano Di Virgilio said:I have a degree in Physics. It's impossible.
you and alex: please elaborate why it should be PHYSICALLY impossible. given infinite lat and grip strength it should be definitely possible. the real question is, if there are people able to display the needed strength. please do not try to argue with the center of gravity because that is absolutely irrelevant in this case.
DieKatze said:you and alex: please elaborate why it should be PHYSICALLY impossible. given infinite lat and grip strength it should be definitely possible. the real question is, if there are people able to display the needed strength. please do not try to argue with the center of gravity because that is absolutely irrelevant in this case.
If I had infinite strength I could do everything ![]()
DieKatze said:you and alex: please elaborate why it should be PHYSICALLY impossible. given infinite lat and grip strength it should be definitely possible. the real question is, if there are people able to display the needed strength. please do not try to argue with the center of gravity because that is absolutely irrelevant in this case.
You're right I wasn't clear, but I have never said that laws of physics forbid it, I said that in my opinion is impossible (for a human being). Let's assume that if we paste both hands of someone on a bar he could mantain his arms parallel to the ground and his body perpendicular, that is the problem if I've understanded correctly (don't make jokes on that I'm using this analogy only to express better my thinking), then the strength required is incredible but maybe someone could. In that case he will use his strength only to mantain that body shape. If the same guy tries to do that again without being pasted to the bar, he will have now to use the same strenght that he used before to mantein his body shape plus a grip force similar to 50000 Newton, impossible for human beings, to oppose the momentum of his own weight. In my opinion the guy on the video cheated by a factor much more greater than 2 because not only his arms, but also hid body was inclined.
Sure with infinite strength there would be no problem.
If strongest gymnasts in the world struggle with victorian then imagine how strong should be person who can hold CTI. Not possible, at least for next 50 years. ![]()
alex87 said:If I had infinite strength I could do everything
alex87 said:If I had infinite strength I could do everything
no. even with infinite strength there are things you could not do because the laws of physics forbid it. thats not the case with the CTI and that was what i was referring to.
Paf said:If strongest gymnasts in the world struggle with victorian then imagine how strong should be person who can hold CTI. Not possible, at least for next 50 years.
Not a fair comparison because gymnasts don't actively train for the CTI.
How can the phrase "infinite lat and grip strength" be a given when the discussion is about what is possible?