This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Some of my movements are behind

Started by Nick Roy, September 17, 2014 · 2 Replies · 187 Views

Nick Roy

Hey Everybody!

 

I'm new to GymnasticBodies, I actually just bought the program but have been following some of the free information I have found online and on these forums. Anyways, to my question.

I did my first weeks assessment and found that for some movements like RC/PE's 1 and 2 are ridiculously simple and i'm just beneath mastering 3, while on other elements like FL/PE1 It was tough but I showed mastery and should be starting on PE2.

Should I just do PE2 for all my movements until it catches up in strength to everything else? Or should I just do each exercise according to the mastery i'm at? So for example, one week would be  sPL/PE2, HBP/PE3,RC/PE3 and FL/PE2? I don't see why it would hurt my progress to do it that way and I'd rather not halt my progression in other elements, just because one or two areas are lagging behind.

Rayne-William

Being behind or ahead on some elements is common and expected. Work on what needs to be strengthened and move on when you have demonstrated mastery of both the preperatory element and the integrated element. If that means your work out looks like the example you have given, then that is your particular workout.

 

Here is what I am, currently, working on: FL/PE13, sPL/SE1, HBP/PE12, RC/PE12, MN/PE7, SL/PE9, SLS/SE2

Ben Lawlis

Congrats on starting the program!

It's normal to be at different PEs on different exercises. However, make sure that you actually are at mastery on both the PE and iM before moving on. When you're new it's easy to miss some of the small details in a movement that make it a lot harder than you first think.

I'd recommend doing a forum search on each of the exercises you're doing before progressing. That's the best way to learn the correct technique. Otherwise you can also past a form check video.