This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Advice on SLS/SE4

Started by dritar, September 16, 2014 · 1 Replies · 104 Views

dritar

First of all, I love this one. In my opinion it's a better exercise than the SLS itself in that it teaches more things.

 

Anyhow, I still suck at it. Do you have to remain on one leg the whole set or is it acceptable to sometimes reset your position, by putting your other leg down to adjust ? I'm guessing it's ok to progress like this, but not for mastery...

 

I have some trouble on the left leg, where sometimes I stall on the roll back up, even though I can do an SLS on my left leg. Is it because this version forces you to use more hip extension (because of the dynamics of getting back up), whereas on a normal single leg squat you can get away by using more of your quadriceps (i.e., just step the floor really hard) ?

 

Anyhow, excellent exercise. Massive calf cramps on the iM though :).

Stephen Majerle

I've done 5X5 on this one with balance checks, but I'm not going to move on until I can do all sets cleanly. I'm just repeating last microcycle and it feels stronger every time.

I feel like there's a little balance/skill with this one, so maybe you need more practice on your left leg?

Second that on the calf cramps iM ;)