bicep strain - exercises to avoid?

Started by lisiflex, September 15, 2014 · 5 Replies · 2,352 Views

lisiflex

I have a light bicep strain at the moment from rope climbs yesterday.

I already had that a few times and it usually went away after some days. I always get that from rope climbs! i never stopped training really, just didn't do rope climbs for some days.

Do you think this is bad?

This week I wanted to do:

Handstands (presses, holds, shoulder tappers)

push-ups (normal and pike push-ups)

dips on p-bars

pull-ups

on bars I wanted to do my kips and clear hips.

do you think I should avoid any of those exercises? I don't really see a big use of the biceps in any of those exercises?

Alessandro Mainente

If you had it already for more times why you did not though that probably rc it's to advanced for you level?

Alexander Egebak

Rope climbs are too advanced for you. Step back and do something easier.

tennissports

if u strain your muscle every time you do rope climbs, progress back to pullups + pullup variations

jules

You're either not ready for rope climbs if this keeps happening, OR you are climbing with bad posture. 

If your back is too rounded, then it is harder for the back muscles to recruit, and the poor biceps begin

to act as a prime mover instead of a secondary mover. 

Coach Sommer

Stop rope climbs. You are not ready.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer