This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tight lower and mid traps

Started by kokoro1, September 15, 2014 · 2 Replies · 121 Views

kokoro1

I have a question for somebody who might be more able to answer this than me. Are these foundation 1 exercises safe if a clinician (chiropractor) told me I had chronic tight lower and mid traps...stemming from a sublaxated rib from a fall? Will the basic beginning movements begin to work everything back to where it should?

I know I've heard that Coach said some PTs are using his mobility exercises to help people rehab. Just wondering if anything in the foundation exercises (and handstand 1) would really help the problem that was diagnosed.

Stick to the programming, or put it off for now?

Thanks!

Jeremy Huston

Foundation and Handstand will stretch and strengthen your traps.  You will have to evaluate your own injury to determine whether this is safe or not.  Take it slow, listen to your body, and it will tell you whether you're helping or hurting.  

Alexander Egebak

If you can do scapula shrugs and incline pushups without pain or discomfort they will do wonders for your traps. Focusing on full ROM and perfect form, even though it may take more than 12 weeks to get there, your injury should eventually vanish.

 

However, if this aggrevates your injury you need to talk to a physiotherapist about some rehab.

 

Handstand progressions will also strengthen your traps but I believe they currently will be too advanced for you to do depending on your level of injury.