Missed my workouts over the past week--too distracted by finals. Will focus on my weak points over break, then get back into a good rhythm come winter study.
Met with Joshua Slocum in Boston! We did a short training session together (SL, MN, SLS, Wrists), and I had him take a look at my technique on those and some other elements.
-For extension, he said my flexibility is fine, and I just need to work on getting my strength there.
-For swivel hips, it looks like you can kind of let the other glute come off the ground... maybe I will move forward with that exercise. Otherwise, it's good to stretch the piriformis and medial glute. Do pigeon stretch with knee @ 90 degrees and shin perpendicular to body.
-Scap shrugs look good. could video tape first and last sets to ensure consistency
-sHBH, focus on PPT
-Pushups, go to full protraction at top of motion. Maintain on the way down until your shoulders are pushed back at the bottom, push back into protraction on the way up
-SL looks good
-Make sure to stretch before MN, compression looks pretty good when warmed up. can go back to iM, probably.