This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ABH form check

Started by hannibal2469, September 15, 2014 · 8 Replies · 269 Views

hannibal2469

Hi,

 

This is me doing the ABH, just wanted to make sure I was not making any mistakes.

 

let me know if you cant see the video)

 

Are you supposed to flex your butt also??

 

I have read conflicting information on the forum, some say to try to be as tall as possible others say to arch as much as possible how can you do both at  the same time??

Murray Truelove

Nice ROM.

Keep your feet together though.

Alexander Egebak

Yeah, nice ROM. Almost double as good as mine. I second the feet-together part.

 

I prefer having clenched fists but I think it is up to one self.

Keegan

Yeah, nice ROM, but I would post another video with the legs together (making sure to keep the knees locked and inside edges of the feet completely touching each other) before I started adding volume if I were you. IME allowing the legs to abduct makes greater ROM significantly easier with ABH. You may still be able to demonstrate similar ROM with the correct form, but better to double check.

hannibal2469

Thanks a lot guys, it's great to hear that I am doing it right.

I will make the changes that you mentioned

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Excellent ROM.... did you do foam rolling and other such things to get that ROM, or have you just being working on the ABH for a while?

hannibal2469
Cameron Williams said:

Excellent ROM.... did you do foam rolling and other such things to get that ROM, or have you just being working on the ABH for a while?

I actually don't understand what is so great about my ROM, but to answer your question no I havent done anything other than the exercise itself but I have been doing the ABH for months now so that probably helped a lot

Murray Truelove
hannibal2469 said:

I actually don't understand what is so great about my ROM, but to answer your question no I havent done anything other than the exercise itself but I have been doing the ABH for months now so that probably helped a lot

Your ROM is excellent most of us are struggling to just get our thighs and ribcage off to floor. Looks really good.

wamarler

Yea, the amount of arch you're able to achieve is enviable. You do need to have your feet together though, as others have stated.