This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

More mobility than strength

Started by chrisriis, September 12, 2014 · 3 Replies · 207 Views

chrisriis

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and have just bought the foundation one series along with the handstand series, yey! I am super excited and it looks great :)

My question is how I should go forth if I'm e.g. doing FL/PE1, but is capable of doing FL/PE3>iM. Should I train the PE3>iM between the PE1 sets, or do the PE1>iM instead, even though it's really easy for me?

How'd this be handled the other way around as well? If you can e.g. do push-ups super easy, but is stuck at the iM element. Should you continue doing push-ups until the iM element is up to par?

Thanks,
Chris

trw

Do not move on to the next progression until both the PE and the iM are mastered, always and forever.

Cory Fair

Hi Chris,

 

Balance between mobility and strength is crucial and so they are a pair. You do not move forward to the next progression until both have met mastery standards.

chrisriis

Thanks guys! I suspected it'd have to be balanced, because the Workout Settings doesn't allow you to configure iM and PE differently, but glad it's crystal clear now :)

Have a fit day!