This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL, HBP, RC Form checks

Started by PrimalMove, September 12, 2014 · 2 Replies · 185 Views

PrimalMove

I mentioned in another post that after getting hurt and gaining 35lbs I restarted GST. I managed to test out of the first element on a few movements, but noticed on a few others my form was sloppy. Just looking for some feedback on these

SPL pe1

HBP pe2 accidentally recorded 2 sets but it shows different angles

RC PE1

TANSTAAFL

Just got around to this one. Here ya go:

 

  • Scap Shrugs watch the elbows, they should not bend at all. Also if ya do another vid take off the shirt so we can see the scaps. Focus on just moving the scaps slowly and push away from the floor during both descent and ascent to help with elbow lock.
  • Swivels look good
  • Pushups look good, just need some more hollowing/ppt (tuck your butt so your lower back is flatter)
  • Xiaopengs look good form wise but slow um up  some.
  • Hinge rows look fine. It might help to set yourself up by sitting under the rings, grabbing them and adjusting so your shoulders are right under them, then lift up from there and start.
PrimalMove

Thanks for the feedback. I did feel my elbows start to slightly bend in the later reps on the scapular push ups.

 

As for the push-ups I did notice a few of the reps were my butt was out of alignment and fixed that during today's workout and slowing down that mobility might be the rest I need to help finish my full 5 sets. Today I only managed 4x9 and 1x7 at that pace before my shoulders started grinding and inability to push up. 

 

With the hinge row, I knew something was off, but I couldn't figure it out. I'll give the set up a try Thursday when I go through this again.