This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE2 feet position

Started by Iguanus, September 12, 2014 · 10 Replies · 201 Views

Iguanus

Hey there, folks. I'll give RC PE2 my first try tomorrow. After viewing the course vídeo a few times, I'm puzzled as to where to put my feet. How inclined should I be on top position?

P5yx

45 degree angle.

Jeremy Huston
P5yx said:

45 degree angle.

That's more like the bottom position.  The top position is about 15 degrees from upright.

P5yx

Oh sry, i miss read the op. Don't overthink things. I wouldn't go for exactly 15 degrees. the top position is reached once 

you've reached the natural barrier while maintaining ppt.

Iguanus

I see it. I'll give it a shot later and post a vídeo for critique =)

Iguanus

So, gave it a try and this was the result:

 

What do you think?

Adriano Augusto

Feet position is ok. As for your form check, keep your body as a unit as you go down; you tend to low your trunk first and then your lower body.

Iguanus

Thanks, Adriano. I don't actually see what you mean, but suspect it has to do with the fact that I go down a bit more at the end of the rep. Is this it?

 

What cues would you hint me on how to keep body as unit? Core and glute tension? Thanks again =)

Adriano Augusto

Compare.

 

 

What I mean is that in the negative portion of your movement you tend to arch (SL/PE1) instead of hollow (FL/PE6). You've to be hollow all the time, and you know what hollow means: BODY TENSION! 

 

;)

Iguanus

Oh! I see it now! Indeed, it pays to look at further progressions to hint on proper form! Will correct it and see how it looks! Thanks again for the ever helpful advice =)

Alex Atallah

Your hand placement is also not correct - look at the video how the hands "change" throughout the range of motion - in your video your hands are the same whether you are up or down