can you guys help me. I dont understand how to do Hinge Row. Do i lift my glutes (but) from the floor or do i keep it "sitting". Wherewer I look on internet, some say sit some say lift it of thefloor..
Thanks in advance
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Aligator, September 11, 2014 · 3 Replies · 201 Views
can you guys help me. I dont understand how to do Hinge Row. Do i lift my glutes (but) from the floor or do i keep it "sitting". Wherewer I look on internet, some say sit some say lift it of thefloor..
Thanks in advance
The Hinge Row guidelines say that it's permissible for the glutes to lightly brush the floor, but the body's weight must be borne by the arms. For simplicity's sake, I prefer to just have it lifted completely off the floor so I know I'm doing it right. It's certainly not acceptable form to be in a sitting position where the glutes bear a lot of the body's weight.
What does the course video show?
Much of that discussion was the result of the original demo video being somewhat ambiguous as to whether the athlete had his butt on the ground or not. The course video has since been updated to remove the uncertainty that one's butt should be off the floor throughout the entire movement. So copy the form in the course video and you should be fine.