The Iron Cross for Bodybuilders

Started by Mats Trane, June 20, 2009 · 8 Replies · 4,423 Views

sasquatch

I was wondering if he still recommends this article too.

Coach Sommer

That article was designed for a specific audience who had only a smattering of interest in Gymnastic Strength Training™ and no access to rings. My recommendation at this time is for you to focus on continuing to build your basic strength in preparation for more advanced ring strength work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mats Trane

Thought so.. Thanks thats what I wanted and expected to hear

gymrob

Coach,

In your other article "All Muscle No Iron" you mention:

For similar reasons, my athletes follow a very gradual training cycle where they encounter overload, then adaptation, then a recovery phase. For each athlete the cycle will differ somewhat in length from at least three weeks to as many as twelve weeks depending on their individual recovery abilities.

Do some of your athletes have a steady state cycle of 3 weeks to adapt to a program? That is awesome! I wish I could adapt and experience underload with 3 weeks of starting a program :).

Thanks.

Coach Sommer
gymrob said:
Do some of your athletes have a steady state cycle of 3 weeks to adapt to a program? That is awesome! I wish I could adapt and experience underload with 3 weeks of starting a program.

It is important to remember that these are high level athletes with years of preparation behind them and a highly developed work capacity. As with all worthwhile things in life, there are dues which must be paid.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Felipe

So Coach, I completed the Basic Rings Routine 3. Will you release a number 4?

cccp21
Coach Sommer said:
gymrob said:
Do some of your athletes have a steady state cycle of 3 weeks to adapt to a program? That is awesome! I wish I could adapt and experience underload with 3 weeks of starting a program.

It is important to remember that these are high level athletes with years of preparation behind them and a highly developed work capacity. As with all worthwhile things in life, there are dues which must be paid.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

********** I don't want to upset anyone with my "what is possible talk". But if one has the desire is it "reasonable" to assume that one can build up to 2 hr. workouts 4-6x per week.

Brandon Green

Richard Duelley

I have been working out workout 2.5 hours, 4 days a week for almost a year (end of August will be my year mark). At the end of the week, just a few months ago, I was really, really beat up but now even after a 4 intense workouts I feel just like I did after my first workout of the week at the end of my 4th. I also, as Coach suggested in a different thread, take a 50% week every 4 weeks.

So, I think, if you are dedicated you can build up whatever work tolerance that you desire.