First Muscle Up! Form?

Started by Jason Dupree, September 11, 2014 · 10 Replies · 2,912 Views

Jason Dupree

I got the chance to hang my rings high for the first time, and decided to mess around after my workout. I have never attempted a muscle up before, so after a few tries, I pull one out and it completely took me by surprise, it seemed so easy!  Right now im still pretty early in F1, im still on ground rows right now. But its just cool to see progress from working on the basics. This came at a time i was feeling pretty discouraged too, so it really made my day!

 

OK, here it is, hows the form?

 

 

(btw, that's not gum i'm chewing, i was in the middle of my post workout meal :)

RJS

private vid for me

Hardy Evans

Congrats my friend! The video is private however, fyi.

Jason Dupree

fixed! forgot how youtube works

RJS

very nice. Hard work pays off, nobody escapes that law.

Alessandro Mainente

I'm not sure your are starting from dead hang.

Jason Dupree

No, the rings arent high enough. I think i did lift them up before I pulled though.

Lee

Looks great man!

Alessandro Mainente

tuck the legs on bent l-sit

aiken54

Which is better, tuck L sit, or piking the hips the requisite amount so that my feet are off the ground? 

RyanC

Just bend your knees to 90 in the back and then straighten out. The less lean forward and piking of the hips the harder it becomes. Nice work!