This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretching Routine

Started by pcain420, September 11, 2014 · 2 Replies · 220 Views

pcain420

Hello Guys, 

 

Do any of you have a strecthing routine that you do that doesn't interfere with the F1and H1 Programming because I know leg streches can be painful sometimes.  I have a goal to attain the splits also.   Give me some feedback guys! 

Rayne-William

Here is my current yoga routine.  I hold each pose for 30-60 seconds. I usually do the entire sequence two to three times a week.

 

Advanced Sivananda Yoga:

1. Forearm Supported Headstand "Salamba Sirsasana"

2. *Scorpion "Vrischikasana" (Without using a wall)

 

3. Shoulderstand "Salamba Sarvangasana" 

4. *Plow "Halasana"

 

5. Fish "Matsyasana"

6. Sitting Forward Bend "Paschimothanasana"

7. Cobra "Bhujangasana"

8. *Upward Facing Dog: "Urdhva Mukha Svanasana"

 

9. Locust "Shalabhasana"

10. Bow "Dhanurasana"

11. Downward Dog "Aduho Mukha Svanasana"

12. Half Lord of the Fishes "Ardha Matsyendrasana"

13. Bound Angle Pose "Badda Konasana"

14. Head to Knee: "Janu Sirsasana"

15. Low Lunge "Anjaneyasana"

 

16. Crow "Kakasana"

 

17. Upward Salute "Urdhva Hastasana" (I do this with tops of my hands facing the other side of my body, palms together, while squeezing my ears with my shoulder caps and Feet together.)

18. *Standing Back Bend "Anuvittasana" (I usually go into a Deep Standing Back Bend with feet together)

19. *Standing Yoga Seal "Dandayamana Yoga Mudrasana"

20. *Deep Standing Forward Bend "Uttanasana"(From the end of Standing Yoga Seal I release my hands to complete the standing forward bend)

21. *Mountain Pose "Tadasana" (From standing forward bend swiftly roll your body back to standing one vertabrea at time ending with head being flung backward)

 

(*)Indicates a pose that is transitioned into directly from the previous.

 

For the original sequence: Basic Sivananda

Murray Truelove
pcain420 said:

Hello Guys,

Do any of you have a strecthing routine that you do that doesn't interfere with the F1and H1 Programming because I know leg streches can be painful sometimes. I have a goal to attain the splits also. Give me some feedback guys!

If you use the search feature you'll find a lot of threads on this. In short;

Limber every day.

1-3 intense stretch sessions a week (PNF).

Get stronger at the end ROM.