This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

STIFF LEG WINDMILL

Started by APOSTOLOS, September 10, 2014 · 9 Replies · 472 Views

APOSTOLOS

Hi,

 

  I searched the forum for the Stiff Leg Windmill  ( MN/PE1-iM ) but I didn't find something.

What I would like to ask is what is the purpose of the exercise? In others words where exactly should I feel the stretch ? Only in this way I will know if I am doing it right !

Cole Dano

The purpose in the context of F1 is mainly a hamstring stretch.

APOSTOLOS

Thanks Cole :)

Alexander Egebak

I feel the stretch in the core region too. Am I doing something wrong?

Cole Dano

Not necessarily, it's a full body stretch, but the primary emphasis is hamstrings.

 

If in doubt as always, post a video for critique. 

JDelage

Wow, I only feel the stretch (very sharply!) in the adductors...  I must be doing something wrong.

BlueLion

I feel a stretch in the oblique region too, which is perfectly normal. Will vary depending on where your tightness is found, but ultimately it's main goal is hamstring mobility.

Matthew DellaFera

I've been on this one for going on 7 months. About a little more than halfway there, maybe 3/4 of the way, vs. not really being able to do it at all at first.

 

I've never been able to touch my toes, and I still can't. I knew hamstrings came into play in this one big time but I didn't know they were the primary focus of it.

 

Might explain why I'm having so much trouble moving forward. My hamstrings are about as flexible as popsicle sticks!

JDelage

What do people refer to as "obliques" here?

BlueLion
JDelage said:

What do people refer to as "obliques" here?

 

As far as I know, they are the muscles that flank the abdominals below the ribs.