Rope lenght for rope climbs ?

Started by Pafke, September 10, 2014 · 5 Replies · 2,477 Views

Pafke

I have 4 m (13 ft) high balcony, is this long enough for normal rope climbs ?

How long is rope for rc usualy long in gst gyms ?

Edoardo Cagnola

I think that is 7 m high

thecolin

They have padding under the 7m ropes. Something shorter is fine, just do it twice.  :D

Blairbob

15-20' is common. It generally depends on the building ceiling height or it's rafters.

 

13' is fine as you can always count 2 climbs as one, especially if you are on the tall side.

I'd personally like to have 5 or 6 ropes set up for a team of gymnasts but a lot of times, I've mounted shorter ropes off rings or a high bar. Also need to move to another part of the gym.

Pafke

Thanks guys !

Rope is mounted, cant wait to climb it today. ^_^

post-12111-0-00464900-1410619156_thumb.j

Blairbob

Looks kinda thin, like at most 1" thick. Then again, it's a rope and I remember one of my teachers having us climb in L on paracord or some kind of climbing rope that was hanging in another buddy's gym.