This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS SE2 iM on different floors

Started by Duff, September 10, 2014 · 3 Replies · 91 Views

Duff

I have been doing these on a carpet with a plastic frizbee, using negatives and regressed versions because I couldn't complete one full rep. Today I tried it on a hardwood floor with a furniture slider, and found it much easier.

 

Is there any standard as to what type of floor do we use or is it irrelevant(do it until you can do at least one rep of SE3 iM)?

Jeremy Huston

Don't use SE3>iM as the standard.  It stresses the knee in the opposite direction.

 

I usually do my SE2>iM wearing socks on either carpet or a slick exercise mat (the padded kind, not a yoga mat).  I would prefer barefoot but don't want to get kicked out of my gym :)

 

I would say post a video.  We can look at your technique and tell if you're cheating, and then it doesn't matter which surface you're on.

Duff

I have a vid of the regressed version, I haven't filmed the hardwood floor version yet. I'll probably do it tonight. To me, my form looks fine. But a second pair of eyes can be useful.

Stephen Majerle

I've done this on both carpet and my smooth basement floor. I noticed it was easier on the smooth floor. The friction the floor provides can change the difficulty it seems. Personally I use carpet to make sure I get the most out of the exercise.