This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check HS/PE2 HS/PE2iM

Started by Andreas Collberg, September 10, 2014 · 6 Replies · 255 Views

Iván de Mon

For the PE, try to point your toes, tilt your pelvis forward (for me it feels like extending my hips) and pull your ribcage in. I implemented this a few weeks ago and it really does feel different, more stable and I know it is better form. About the iM, I'm just curious about the weight you are using. I can't help you with it but I'm working on it too so I would like to know how much you are using.

 

cheers

Edoardo Cagnola

I'm at your same point on these, so I'm not an expert by any means. I would just say that as your mobility gets better, you should try to move your hand in (I'm talking about the iM). You should be able to do this with hands shoulder width :)

TANSTAAFL

For the HeS, I would suggest trying different head positions. You are allowed any that is comfortable for mastery so play around with different spots until you find your sweet spot...unless you have found it already.

 

For the iM I would bring the arms out even more (I know, I know). Mine are wider still, but you want to start out wide enough for full ROM: parallel to the ground/arms straight back. Use tape to mark where your hands are so you can move them in very small amounts at a time (microcycle at a time at minimum).

Andreas Collberg

Thank you guys for all the nice explanations and answers :) Ivan: I´m currently using 2,5 Kg (5,5pounds). What weight is recommended on that particular iM?  

TANSTAAFL
Andreas Collberg said:

Thank you guys for all the nice explanations and answers :) Ivan: I´m currently using 2,5 Kg (5,5pounds). What weight is recommended on that particular iM?  

3-5lbs to start with. Once you've moved on you can keep it in your WU and up it very gradually.

BenHack

I've had some interesting breakthroughs with this iM lately. 

 

Firstly I decided that the main problem I have is a lack of mobility in the shoulders and chest that is limiting me. When I can raise the bar I feel a deep stretch in my bicep tendon, anterior felt and pec minor. For this reason I started using a LAX ball for some mysofacial release and also stretching  and my shoulder using the first stretch from this video http://pccblog.dragondoor.com/shoulder-opening-stretches/ (I hope it's ok to post this - if not my apologies) and also one I've made up myself that involves me holding a fixed bar behind me similar to the iM and pushing myself forward with my feet. 

 

This allowed me to move my hands closer together by around 1.5 inches each side (big deal for me). I then found that the difficulty of the move becomes less immediately following the first hold but this improvement goes away before the next rep. By this I mean that if I do the hold for 15 seconds I can then lower the bar and move my hands closer together and go again (I've tried doing it for reps) but my ROM is back to where I started for the next rep. This makes me wonder whether it's a case of having to train the motor pattern as well as stretch the area and develop the strength. Either way I actually feel like I'm moving forward with this one. I'm really looking forward to seeing how my shoulders feel when they're as mobile as imagine they're going to get.

 

Unfortunately I've also managed to hurt my left shoulder by being overzealous with the iM1. It's strange in that I seem to be able to handle reasonable weight at the beginning and end range of motion but somewhere in-between I seem to pinch something in my trap near the joint itself. I guess once I'm feeling better there I'll reduce the weight again and continue to work on ROM.

 

Cheers

 

Ben