This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to add sprinting to foundation one

Started by hannibal2469, September 10, 2014 · 2 Replies · 175 Views

hannibal2469

Hi,

 

I want to add sprinting to my workouts in addition to foundation and some handstand work. My main reasons for adding that are to increase my speed and also to have some basic stamina which I lack and it also makes me feel better and I feel like doing things rather than lying around doing nothing.

 

For the above reasons I want to do sprinting but I have some concerns which I want to clarify.

 

1. How much sprinting can I do before It starts to affect my strength gains from my foundation routine.

2. Is there a way I can do sprinting everyday?? without losing on strength

3. I am 6 ft and 165 lbs and have no interest in losing the mass that I have gained, will cardio cause me to lose weight? how much can i do without losing weight?

 

Thanks

ChrisUK

Sprinting is more likely to cause muscle gain :)

 

Also, while cardio can increase your energy requirements for the day, so does foundation 1. You will lose weight only if you eat less calories than you expend, so you need to ensure you are eating more to gain and of the right stuff. Light Cardio is very helpful in helping you recovery and softly building work capacity outside of foundation and you are encouraged to do cardio at least a couple times a week. However keep in mind that sprinting is anaerobic.

 

See Joshua Naterman's post on Perfect Workout Nutrition here: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9580-perfect-workout-nutrition-2013/

 

This thread is packed with fantastic info you will find helpful: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/17540-beginning-sprinting/

 

As for including it with foundation, it would depend on how you currently are split for workouts. Are you doing F7 or split in to two different workouts?

 

Hope that helps,

 

Chris.

hannibal2469
ChrisUK said:

Sprinting is more likely to cause muscle gain :)

 

Also, while cardio can increase your energy requirements for the day, so does foundation 1. You will lose weight only if you eat less calories than you expend, so you need to ensure you are eating more to gain and of the right stuff. Light Cardio is very helpful in helping you recovery and softly building work capacity outside of foundation and you are encouraged to do cardio at least a couple times a week. However keep in mind that sprinting is anaerobic.

 

See Joshua Naterman's post on Perfect Workout Nutrition here: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9580-perfect-workout-nutrition-2013/

 

This thread is packed with fantastic info you will find helpful: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/17540-beginning-sprinting/

 

As for including it with foundation, it would depend on how you currently are split for workouts. Are you doing F7 or split in to two different workouts?

 

Hope that helps,

 

Chris.

Thanks for the response,

I am doing a 4 day split, 2 days of work one day break 2 days of work and then 2 days of break and I do some handstand work on the 2nd day, where can I add the sprinting?? 

 

Also you mentioned that sprinting is anaerobic is that bad??