So I'm on Foundation 3 and HS 1, but am also trying to do some speed training (sprinting and agility drills) - does it make more sense to do that before or after GB work? I'm also doing some on my rest days, but only have weekends.
Both sprinting and GB tax the nervous system so I'm not sure where losing form gets worse - any thoughts? My thought is bad sprinting form is generally less dangerous than losing neuromuscular control in any GB work.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Speed training and GB
Started by Aaron Kozloff, September 9, 2014 · 1 Replies · 156 Views
Aaron Kozloff said:So I'm on Foundation 3 and HS 1, but am also trying to do some speed training (sprinting and agility drills) - does it make more sense to do that before or after GB work? I'm also doing some on my rest days, but only have weekends.
Both sprinting and GB tax the nervous system so I'm not sure where losing form gets worse - any thoughts? My thought is bad sprinting form is generally less dangerous than losing neuromuscular control in any GB work.
You are doing Foundation three and still don't know when to do your cardio work for the week?
You won't lose gained neuromuscular control because you happen to be sprinting well. If anything you will have better control of your body in general because of your neuromuscular gains.