Confused on front lever progression

Started by Z-hog, September 9, 2014 · 4 Replies · 2,472 Views

Z-hog

Hello

 

I have been training front lever for about 3 months now, and funny enough i can do a straddle front lever but not on a bar but on my door frame. The problem is when I try to do it on a bar, I fail miserably. Can barely hold advanced tuck. What am I doing wrong?

Height 182cm

Weight 76kg

korija

maybe you got straight arms on the bar but not on the door frame?

WadeWilson
korija said:

maybe you got straight arms on the bar but not on the door frame?

I'm 100% sure it's that

 

I would work on that, OP. You should stop doing it on the door frame and just stick to straight arm front lever. It contributes greatly to bent arm and straight arm strenght. And it looks cooler :P

 

Correct me someone if i'm wrong

Z-hog
Zach Armijo said:

Please submit a video or a few pics if you want to get down to it.

Ill try getting some vids up on friday

Z-hog

One more thing. I dont know if it is important but i never retracted my scaptula during front lever training. Now after doing some reaserch poeple say its very important to retract it when doing front lever. So i tried doing a front lever with it retracted and now my shoulders are in big pain. Is this the right way to do a front lever?