This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Adam's Workout Log

Started by mata_leao, June 20, 2009 · 4 Replies · 569 Views

mata_leao

Monday: 5:5

PB low L-sit

A1: Half HLL

A2: Jumping for distance and height deck squat

B1: XR pushup

B2: XR elevated row

C1: tuck V-up

C2: XR tricep layout

Wednesday: 5:5

A1: Front lever tuck

A2: Natural leg curl (doing a negative leg curl)

B1: Curl ups

B2: HeSPU box

C1: Pull-ups

C2: Tuck V-up

Friday: 5:5

A1: Back lever tuck

A2: XR inverted chin ups

B1: XR dips

B2: Supine windshield wipers

C1: SLS

C2: Tuck V-up

Saturday: 5:5

Advanced frog stand planche

A1: Chest rolls HeS (have trouble with balance and coordination on this one)

A2: Pullovers

B1: Natural leg curl

B2: Tuck V-up

I have been following this for the last three weeks consistently, I will try to get videos to show my form soon.

mata_leao

I will be adding pre-hab Tue, Thur, and Sun as well as stretching after the workout Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat. I am still working on adding a warm up before the workouts, possibly ginastica natural or the super joints program.

Blairbob

Adam. After your period of 12 weeks, do some max tests for holds or strength feats and then during that week reprogram your next cycle based on that data.

Looks fine enough for me, not exactly sure what your goals are in general.

mata_leao

I forgot to post that I do the German hang pull on Saturday's after the pullover.

Looks fine enough for me, not exactly sure what your goals are in general.

I have a goal of increasing performance across the board (I would like to have a mix between what I've seen Ido do in his videos, Marcelo Garcia, Jacare, and Andre Galvao). I plan on using BtGB until I can do most of the advanced exercises with the exception of the static holds as I would imagine they take longer to develop and then add the Dynamic Physique, Handstand Chronicles, and Advanced Ring Strength once I have the solid base from the first book. Since I am weak I think anaerobic exercises will be the most important. Parkour looks fun to, I think it would be fun to make a video like a skateboarding video but with just parkour, one in Salt Lake City and another in the canyons like goblin valley or around Park City, maybe one day there will be sponsored parkour practitioners.

mata_leao

I feel like my body is being worked quite well on most the days I train. For Wednesday however, I feel like the lower back and shoulders are not worked out nearly enough compared to the other exercises. I will be moving up to the straddle RLL for my lower back and the HeSPU on a wall for the shoulders. I finished my workout a while ago and I hope this fixes my trouble spots. I have also added the super joints as a warm up today and I feel like this will improve my performance as well. I have seen an increase of strength and size in my arms, back, and core specifically with the program I am on. With the natural leg curl since my hamstrings are extremely weak I have emphasized slow movement in a negative and then assist myself with my hands on the way back to the start position. The chest roll to HeS on Saturday's gives me trouble when I do them at home on carpet but they are easier when I perform them at the gym on the mats, I am still having difficulty with balance on this one. Overall good progress 5 weeks into the program. On the static holds, my frog stand is improving a lot but I have trouble with the front and back levers I believe most of this is due to practicing them on the rings. This week I will do them on the parallel bars I have built.