This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/SE5 l-sit form problem

Started by mic_skelly, September 8, 2014 · 5 Replies · 307 Views

mic_skelly

I feel like I am leaning back too much on my l-sits to try keep my feet up at hip height. As you can see in the photo I seem to be bending my arms to lean back and get my feet up high enough.

Is this a lack of compression strength in the core? Also when do the quad cramps go away

post-1609-0-93992800-1410204737_thumb.pn

Rayne-William

Lock your elbows out.

Use your hip flexors to lift your legs up to same height as your hips. You might want to go back to MN/PE5-7 to develop your hip flexor strength and pike compression.

Mats Trane

Try to turn the inside of your elbow forward. Have a look at the atheletes elbows in MN/SE1.

mic_skelly

Thanks guys.

Reality check was needed.

How wide should parallel bars be set? When I try turn my elbows to point straight like the gymnast does my last seem to be in the way. Is it like the length of your forearm to tip of straigtend fingers?

Mats Trane
mic_skelly said:

Thanks guys.

Reality check was needed.

How wide should parallel bars be set? When I try turn my elbows to point straight like the gymnast does my last seem to be in the way. Is it like the length of your forearm to tip of straigtend fingers?

It´s a personal preference. I have what you suggested plus 2 fingers

Alessandro Mainente

same opinion as zack, spend more time on bent L-sit and on the retraction, turn the elbows forward.